If you or a loved one has been accused of manslaughter or murder, we understand your extreme fears and uncertainties. As experienced criminal defense attorneys, we at Arnold Law will stand by you and provide you with the legal counsel that is needed to defend you and assert your rights.
What is manslaughter?
There are two different types of manslaughter:
- Voluntary manslaughter is often described as a crime of passion. This occurs when someone is provoked by certain actions and then kills.
- Involuntary manslaughter occurs when a person's reckless regard of risk results in the death of another person.
What is murder?
Murder is the intentional killing of another person. This type of killing is unlawful and committed with malice (intent to kill or reckless regard for life.)
If convicted, what are some of the penalties faced?
Penalties can vary based on the conviction. These penalties can be very serious and life changing. If convicted of manslaughter or murder, you may be subject to the following penalties:
- Jail time
- Costly fines
- Capital punishment
A murder or manslaughter conviction will have a serious impact on both your life and those of your family members.
You will need the experience and expertise of a criminal defense attorney.
When is homicide excusable? (Defenses)
In certain scenarios, homicide may be excusable. The following are examples of excusable homicide:
- The killing is committed by accident when taking ordinary caution and without unlawful intent
- The killing occurs by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon sufficient provocation
- The killing is committed by accident and misfortune from sudden combat, without the use of a dangerous weapon and without acting in a cruel and unusual manner
Justifiable homicide (Defense)
A homicide may also be justifiable, meaning it is justified. The killing of a human being is justifiable homicide and lawful if done while resisting an attempt by someone to kill you or to commit a felony against you.
Why do I need a defense attorney?
Murder and manslaughter are serious legal issues. It is important to utilize the knowledge of a highly experienced Florida criminal defense attorney.
The experienced attorneys at Arnold Law will aggressively protect your rights and help you with your case in the following ways:
- be there for you throughout the entire legal process
- listen to your side of the story
- explain your legal rights
- answer your questions and address your concerns
- represent you in court
- build a strong defense and aggressively assert your rights
Give us a call today. We want to help you with your criminal defense legal needs. Our attorneys will stand by you and will help you understand all of your legal rights.
We have two offices, which are conveniently located in Clay County. CALL NOW! Your initial consultation is FREE. (904) 264-3627.