If you have been accused of sexual assault, you are probably feeling scared about the future and may have fears about a possible conviction. The experienced sexual assault defense attorneys at Arnold Lawyers are here to help you throughout this difficult time. With our experience, we will build the strongest defense possible. Throughout the process, we will assert your rights and stand by your side in order to help clear your name.
What is sexual assault?
Sexual assault is an assault of sexual nature. It is defined as nonconsensual sexual activity. This many include touching, sexual intercourse, molestation, rape, and attempted rape.
Sexual assault can also include the following:
- Serious bodily injury to the victim
- Threats involving serious bodily injury or death
- Use of date rape drugs
All of the above acts may result in a sexual assault case. If you are accused of sexual assault, you will need to work with an experienced sexual assault defense attorney.
What happens if I am convicted?
If you are convicted of sexual assault, you will face a number of consequences both legally and in your personal life. These consequences will have a negative impact on your life. Some of the consequences may include the following:
- You may have to pay fines
- You may have to serve a probation sentence
- You may face imprisonment
- You may be registered as a sexual offender
- You may be required to attend rehabilitation classes
- You may have difficulty finding a place to live
- You may have difficulty finding a job
In order to avoid or lessen the above consequences, it is beneficial to have a strong defense. The experienced attorneys at Arnold Lawyers can help you throughout all aspects of your case.
What are some sexual assault defenses?
- False allegations - The victim made up the crime. This may occur out of jealousy, anger, and revenge.
- Lack of proof – Sexual assault is not proven. If there is no proof, you cannot be convicted.
- Consent – The victim gave consent to have sex. If this is proven, sexual assault and/or rape charges may be dropped altogether.
The attorneys at Arnold Lawyers will help to build the best defense to aid in your case.
Why do I need a defense attorney?
If you are accused of sexual assault, your life can change instantly. It is important to get legal guidance and representation in order to best present your defense. Working with an experienced sexual assault attorney can improve your chances of clearing your name.
It is important to note that even if you are not convicted of the crime, you may still face last effects throughout your lifetime. Others may still judge you because of your involvement in the case and some may still accuse you. It is important to get legal counsel right away.
We have two offices, which are conveniently located in Clay County. CALL NOW! Your initial consultation is FREE.