Should we divorce?
Deciding to divorce can be a challenging and life changing decision. If you and your spouse are unsure if divorce is the right option, you should carefully consider your relationship. Divorce may be the right option if you or your spouse is having the following problems:
- Lack of communication
- Cultural and lifestyle differences
- Lack of marital satisfaction
- Inability to handle conflict
- Financial problems
- Differences in opinions
The above problems are often reasons why couples decide to divorce. Before deciding to divorce, it may be a good idea to seek marriage counseling. This can allow you and your spouse to better understand the issues that are present and to find a way to make changes which help to keep your marriage together.
What are the different types of divorce?
There are different types of divorce. An attorney at Arnold Lawyers can help you understand all of your divorce options and can determine the best type of divorce based on your personal situation.
No fault: A no fault divorce is filed when a spouse places no blame on the other spouse. In most cases the reason listed for a no fault divorces is irreconcilable differences. If you choose to file this type of divorce, your spouse cannot object to the divorce.
Fault: Fault divorces are not as common as no fault divorce. This type of divorce must put fault on the other spouse. Common reasons include adultery and inflicting emotional or physical pain. If fault is proven, the spouse who files may be able to get more property and support.
Contested: This type of divorce occurs when one spouse does not agree with the divorce or when the couple agrees on the divorce but has disagreements about issues such as property division, child sharing and spousal support.
Uncontested: This type of divorce is meant for a couple who agrees to divorce. An uncontested divorce is easier and less time consuming and can also save money on legal fees. How can a divorce attorney help?
The experienced divorce attorneys at Arnold Lawyers can help in a variety of ways. Our goal is to make the entire divorce process easier and less stressful. We can help guide you and make sure that you understand all aspects of the divorce.
Below are some examples of how we can help make the process easier:
- If you are having trouble making important decisions about finances, property and the well-being of your children, we can help walk you through your different options.
- We can help to take some of the emotion and anger out of the divorce process. We understand that you and your spouse are going through an upsetting and difficult time. We can make sure that you both stick to business when handling divorce matters.
- If you are dealing with serious issues such as alcohol or drug abuse or spousal abuse, we can help you and your children get the protection that is needed. We want to make sure that you and your children are safe.