Clay County Criminal Law Tips

If you’re a Clay County resident, you may find yourself in trouble with the law at some point during your lifetime. In many cases, you may not even be in the wrong, but you still need a Clay County criminal law defense lawyer.

Our experienced Clay County criminal law defense attorneys have compiled this list of answers to common criminal law questions. Our answers can serve as tips that can help you handle certain situations.

If you have any questions about the below tips or if you need criminal law advice, contact the Clay County criminal law defense attorneys at Arnold Law. We work hard to help each of our clients during their time of need.

What should I do if I’m asked to submit to a breathalyzer test?

Many individuals wonder if it’s a requirement to submit to testing, when asked. You are able to refuse testing. It’s important to know that there will be consequences for refusing to submit to a breathalyzer test. In the state of Florida, this may include a lengthy license suspension.

In most cases, you are required to submit to the breath test to prevent a license suspension. However, if at the time of the breath test you felt l that by submitting to a test you would have put yourself at risk for severe criminal punishment, you need to hire an attorney. The best way to not be convicted of DUI is do not drink and drive.

 If you find yourself involved in a case involving a breathalyzer test refusal, it’s important to seek the legal counsel as soon as possible.

What happens if I’m arrested for a crime?

If you’re arrested, you should not discuss your case with anyone. It’s important that you seek legal counsel immediately. This will help to protect you. If you talk about your case without an attorney present, you may jeopardize your chances of winning and may get yourself in more legal trouble. While it’s important to be cooperative, you shouldn’t feel obligated to answer specific questions if a police officer claims that your cooperation will assist in your case. You should still ask to speak with your attorney before answering any questions.

If a police officer asks to search my vehicle, should I let them?

If a police officer does not have probable cause to search your vehicle, he or she needs consent to do so. In some cases, a police officer may ask for consent to search your property. You should not give consent to search. If you do, anything incriminating that is found can be used against you in court.
If you feel that a police officer has wrongly searched your property, it’s important to seek legal counsel. If you find yourself involved in a criminal case, you need the help of a Clay County criminal law defense attorney. Our attorneys will work with you, inform you of all of your options, and aggressively defend your rights.

We are a team of Clay County criminal law defense attorneys. Call (904) 264-3627, or email us. We have two offices, which are conveniently located in Clay County. CALL NOW!



Contact Us

We represent Clay, St. Johns, Duval and Putnam County residents

Our office is located across the street from the Clay County Courthouse in Green Cove Springs at the same intersection as the CVS Pharmacy. Although we are located in Clay County, we assist all Florida residents and counsel anyone who needs help with issues related to Florida law. To schedule an office or phone consultation please call or stop by our office location. We look forward to your call: 904-264-3627 or 904-284-5618.