Our real estate lawyers know that buying a home can be an extremely stressful and exciting time in your life. It can be thrilling to realize that you will soon have a place of your own. It can also be scary trying to find the best home, dealing with all the paperwork, negotiating the contract terms, and finally closing on the home of your dreams.
It can be extremely beneficial to work with a real estate lawyer to make sure that you are getting a great deal and that your buying process proceeds smoothly.
Why do I need a lawyer?
You need a lawyer to ensure that you are getting a fair deal and avoiding legal pitfalls.
You likely do not want to waste your valuable time and hard earned money on a money pit, over pay, or agree to other unfair terms. With the help of our lawyers, you can make sure that you are getting a good deal as well as ensuring that all contract terms of the agreement are reasonable and legal.
How can a lawyer help?
An experienced real estate lawyer can help in the following ways: • Guide you throughout the entire home buying experience. With the help of a lawyer, you can make sure you understand the ins and outs of your home purchase.
• Help you understand the purchase agreement. Your lawyer will explain the purchase agreement to you and make sure that all of your needs are met and represented.
• Help with repair costs and other expense negotiations. If home repairs are needed or there are other costs associated with the purchase of your new home, our real estate lawyers will work to minimize your costs, negotiating in your best interests.
• Assess the tax consequences and financial risks of the purchase. Our lawyers will look for ways to minimize taxes and fully assess any financial risks.
• Deal with the broker directly. If you want to minimize your interaction with the broker, we can handle all contact on your behalf.
• Represent buyers who find undisclosed problems with the home. If you find problems that were not disclosed by the sellers, our real estate lawyers will fight to get you the compensation you deserve and/or to rescind the contract.
• Make decisions based on your best interest. While negotiating terms and handling the home buying process, our real estate lawyers will work with YOU in mind.
Notes about the real estate purchase agreement
An experienced lawyer will work to make sure that the purchase agreement is fair, accurate, and reflects your needs and wishes.
The following are some of the things that are included in a purchase agreement:
• Purchase price
• The down payment
• The date on which the home will close
• Items included in the sale
• Disclosure of defects
• Who will pay for inspection repairs and other fees
Our lawyers can help to make sure that the purchase agreement reflects your. Your lawyer may need to make changes to the standard purchase agreement so that it fits your specific needs.
Where to get help
We have offices located in Clay County. We can help! CALL NOW!