Family Law Attorney Green Cove Springs

Family Law Attorney Green Cove Springs

We Can Help with Your Family Law Issues

There are many times throughout life where you may find that you need assistance with family law issues. We have a family law expert with over 44 years of experience in all areas of family law who has handled thousands of cases. At Arnold Law, we take the time to help you better understand the legal process involved in your family situation.

The legal matters below are just a small sample of the family law issues that we handle on a daily basis:

Thinking about getting divorced?

Divorce can be a stressful and upsetting time, but we are here to make the entire process easier. We are happy to speak to you in a down to earth fashion about the dissolution of marriage process and we can outline the options that you and your spouse have in a dissolution of marriage. We can help simplify this stressful process by being very attentive and patient in our consultations and throughout the entire dissolution of marriage process.

If your marriage is irretrievably broken you will be able to get divorced in Florida. You must be a resident of Florida for six months prior to filing for divorce. Your first step should be to set up a consultation with an experienced family law attorney. We can advise you of your legal rights to help you understand the law. Discussing the divorce with your spouse can be difficult and you may find it helpful to know your rights and the law. Trust our family lawyers to be a strong advocate for your family.

We can advise you in the following legal matters:

  • We can explain each type of divorce and handle the divorce papers
  • We can explain the spousal support laws and determine if you are eligible to receive alimony from your spouse
  • We can answer your questions and address your concerns about your child's reaction to the divorce
  • We can explain time sharing laws and can help you and your spouse reach a custody or time sharing agreement

Want custody or timesharing but were never married?

Paternity must be established by order of the court. Just because the father is on the birth certificate does not establish paternity. There must be a court order establishing paternity and this is usually done in a paternity suit if the parents were never married. The paternity suit deals with many of the same issues as divorce, such as time sharing, child support, decision making for the children and parental rights. Our family law attorneys can file a Petition to Establish Paternity for your family. We have helped many parents get timesharing with their children and get paid child support.

Want to adopt a minor child?

Adoption can be a great way to help a child in need and bring more love to your family. The adoption process can be time consuming, stressful and confusing. At Arnold Lawyers, we want to make the process easier on you. We can help you fulfill your dreams. An adoption provides a new home for a child and is one of the most rewarding areas of practice for  family law attorneys. 

We can also advise you in the following legal matters:

  • We can advise you on the different types of adoption and help you determine the way in which you will be most successful in adoption
  • We can explain the entire adoption process and guide you through each step
  • We can finalize your adoption and make your dream of adoption come true

Engaged to be married?

If you are thinking about getting married or are currently planning a wedding, it can be a busy and exciting time in your life. While it may be exciting to think about spending the rest of your life with your loved one, there are important legal issues that should be considered.

  • We make it easier for you to understand all of the legal requirements related to marriage including the marriage license requirements and rules.
  • We can draft a prenuptial agreement. This can be used to protect your assets abd simplify and shorten the dissolution of marriage process in case you and your spouse ever decide to separate.
  • We can help you and your spouse plan out your property ownership and understand the financial aspects of marriage.

Want to relocate

Parents may desire to move more than 50 miles from their current location for a variety of reasons. There may be a court order prohibiting such a move. We can help you and your children relocate if you ex is unwilling to consent. We have been successful in relocation actions where the best interest of the children are met.

Parent not paying child support?

If you are seeking child support our law firm can help make sure the children's support obligations are met. We have represented thousands of clients in family law cases involving child support. It is important to have a diligent family law attorney working to obtain the maximum child support possible. It's important to note child support may also be recovered retroactively for up to two years.  If you are behind on your support we may be able to help you negotiate a fair and just child support obligation. We do not want to set anyone up for failure.  We can also help with modifications. Modifications are a change of child support where substantial circumstances warrant the change. Such as, a job loss, new employment earning more income or a pay raise. You may be able to modify the child support up or down depending on your ability to pay. 

Should I sign a pre-nup? Do I need a pre-nup?

If you want to avoid many of the agonizing and expensive aspects of divorce you may want to consider a prenuptial agreement or a pre-nup.  A prenuptial agreement is a contract between you and your future spouse about the division of assets and liabilities in the event of a divorce, death or separation. You don’t have to be rich to need a pre-nup. Already married? Consider a post-nuptial agreement. This is very similar to a pre-nup but is an agreement between married parties. These agreements involve waiving of important rights and can have huge financial consequences so a separate attorney must be retained by both parties. A thoughtful pre-nup can protect you from alimony and estate claims.

Need help with the parenting class?

Have you been ordered by the judge to take a parenting class? Parents in paternity and divorce cases are ordered to take a mandatory parenting class. This course focuses on co-parenting eliminating the negative effects of divorce and separation on the children. Some counties may allow you to take the course online but many do not accept the online course. Ask our attorneys for a broacher.

 Let us help you and your family with all legal matters.

If you have questions about any family law issues such as marriage, divorce, or adoption or if you want to hire a family law attorney, contact the experienced Green Cove Springs family law attorneys at Arnold Lawyers. Call (904) 264-3627, or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

We have offices located in Green Cove Springs, FL but if you can't come to us we can come to you. We can help! CALL NOW!



Contact Us

We represent Clay, St. Johns, Duval and Putnam County residents

Our office is located across the street from the Clay County Courthouse in Green Cove Springs at the same intersection as the CVS Pharmacy. Although we are located in Clay County, we assist all Florida residents and counsel anyone who needs help with issues related to Florida law. To schedule an office or phone consultation please call or stop by our office location. We look forward to your call: 904-264-3627 or 904-284-5618.